Working At John's Sewer & Drain Cleaning
Join a top company in Boston, and jumpstart your career with a new Drain Cleaning or Plumbing job. John’s Drain Cleaning is always looking for experienced drain technicians and office staff to help us provide the best possible service to our customers. We seek out the very best, and even offer a signing bonus for experienced technicians. If you’re interested in joining a winning team, read on to learn more.
Who we are
We pride ourselves on being at the top of our industry. As such, we can boast about:
- 40 years of industry excellence and growth
- John’s has been around since 1976, making us one of the oldest and most experienced companies in our industry. With a history of steady growth, we’re also one of the largest.
- Senior staff members with decades of experience to share
- Some of our senior technicians have been with John’s for close to 30 years!
- Not only does that speak volumes for how much they enjoy working for us, it also means that you’ll have the indispensable resource of decades of experience, right on your team.
- Technicians based from all over the Greater Boston area and beyond
- Because we cover such a large service area, we’re able to employ technicians from all over the Greater Boston area, and as far as Rhode Island and Southern New Hampshire. You don’t have to be local to our office to work for John’s.
- Top-tier management team with a dedication to growth
- Our President is a former executive at one of the industry’s largest, most expansive franchises, and our Vice Presidents have both been in the industry for decades.
- This combination of business and industry experience allows us to run operations smoothly and keep our technicians on the road doing what they do best – servicing drains.
- Extensive support team and office staff
- Our operations include a large, fully staffed office that’s always ready to support our technicians. Years of experience allow us to effectively communicate between customers and technicians and keep surprises and slowdowns to a minimum.
What we offer
Our team members are part of our family, and we treat them as such. Perks include:
- Great pay with endless growth potential
- Average annual pay is over $82k, with opportunities for significantly more
- Company-provided truck and equipment
- Top-tier Blue-Cross Health and Delta Dental insurance
- 401(k) with up to 100% match*
- *Generous match structure, based on tenure – ask us for a detailed schedule
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and flex PTO days
- Autonomous work structure
- Less travel to the office = more time on paying jobs.
- Signing bonus for experienced technicians
What we expect
Any winning team has standards. We’re looking for these qualities in our drain technicians:
- Hard working
- This can be a physically demanding job at times, and requires you to be able to lift and carry relatively heavy machinery, complete demanding tasks in a timely manner, and work long hours when necessary, among other things
- Mechanically inclined
- You don’t have to be a trained mechanic, but you should have some mechanical understanding and abilities and know how to handle tools
- Available to work nights & weekends initially
- When you start, you’ll be expected to work on call usually at least one weekend per month, and one night per week, along with certain holidays and other occasions.
- Our on-call schedule is seniority-based, and due to rapid growth in recent years we’ve seen technicians pass pretty quickly through the on-call ranks, but we can make no guarantees and you should be willing and able to commit to these requirements for the foreseeable future
- Experienced in Drain Cleaning
- While we’re willing to train promising candidates, we do prefer to hire technicians with existing drain cleaning experience. We even offer a signing bonus for experienced technicians.
If this sounds like you, and you’d like the opportunity to be part of a great team that values work-life balance and industry excellence, please send us a resume and let us know a little about yourself! All job inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
More about our signing bonus for experienced drain technicians:
- If you have at least one year of experience cleaning drains, contact us to learn more about our signing bonus.